Coconut milk chick peas
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp curcuma
1 tsp ground coriander
½ tsp ginger
½ tsp ground fennel seeds
1 big onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
2 italian tomatoes diced
1 cup of coconut milk
¼ cup water
1 cup dried chick peas
4 cups of broccoli florets
Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the dried chick peas for a night. Throw away the soaking water, rinse well and sprout for 2 days.
- In a pot, heat olive oil at high heat and add curcuma, coriander, ginger and fennel seeds. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes at medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes, coconut milk, water and sprouted chick peas. Simmer for 7 minutes.
- Add the broccoli. Cover and let simmer until the broccoli is cooked to your liking. Add more water for a more liquid texture.
Serve with rice, couscous or bread.
Variante : You can switch the chick peas with lentils and the broccoli with cauliflower.